CVS Shopping ExtraCare Card Sales & Coupons
How to Coupon at CVS
A guide to shopping at CVS-Easy guide to learning how to shop at CVS using ExtraCare Card, Sales & Coupons!
CVS can be a “GOLDMINE”. It may be a little intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it, you will be hooked for sure!
First and foremost, you have to get your CVS customer loyalty card. It is called an ExtraCare card. You can pick this up in the store before you start shopping. You must show this card every time you check out to get your Extra Care Bucks (ECB’s). To get even more perks from CVS, register online at CVS.com. CVS should email you coupons soon after you register.
Now that you have a card and a coupon here are the basics…
The ExtraCare system is a customer loyalty program similar to most grocery stores. You always have to show your ExtraCare card to receive the benefits. Every Sunday in the CVS ad, you will be able to see what products qualify for ECB’s. You can also check my website at www.theqtippingmom.com. The CVS ad is usually posted by Wednesday night for the deals that start the following Sunday
Here is a short shopping trip to try to explain it easier…
This week on sale at CVS:
$3 ECB wyb Motrin PM 20ct $4 (Limit 3)
-$1/1 Motrin PM RP 6/12/11
***Makes it FREE after ECB & COUPON
How to put this to work for you:
Motrin PM 20ct $4
Use: -$1/1 Motrin PM RP 6/12/11
TOTAL DUE: $3 plus tax and get back $3 ECB’s printed on your receipt.
*NOW: Tear off those ECB’s AND….
Motrin PM 20ct $4
Use: $3 ECB’s from transaction #1
-$1/1 Motrin PM RP 6/12/11
TOTAL DUE: TAX
GET BACK: $3 ECB’s
**You could do this one more time since the limit is 3 deals!
Still confused about an ECB? GO HERE to see what one looks like:)
1. Always be sure to give them a $$/off $$$ (like the $4 off $20) coupon first, then ECB’s last manufacturers coupons & store coupons.
2. Always have a list of exactly what is free, sometimes it is very specific items and you want to make sure you are getting the right things. I usually grab a copy of the ad when I walk in, or carry mine from the paper with me.
3. If you are using a $4 off $20 or type of coupon like that make sure you have a few backup plans to hit your $20 in case your CVS is out of something. If this does happen, you can always request a rain check.
4. Take in a calculator to help you quickly add up your total to make sure you are going to have the right amount for you ECB’s to cover it.
5. Only ECB’s earned with your card will work with your card. You cannot use ECB’s acquired by someone else’s card.
6. Take a second to scan your ExtraCare card at the big red box at your store, these print coupons that may be valuable.
7. Coupons that are emailed to you are only good with your card. You can’t pass these on to a friend.
8. You cannot get change from ECB’s so make sure you use the whole thing!
9. ECB’s have an expiration date so make sure and use them before they expire!
10. You are allowed a coupon and a store coupon on each item purchased. Even if it is on sale Buy on Get One Free!! CVS allows us to use a coupon on the FREE item!
11. If an item is on sale Buy One Get One Free AND you have a Buy One Get One Free coupon…BOTH ITEMS ARE FREE!!
CVS COUPON POLICY
•CVS/pharmacy does not accept expired coupons.
•CVS/pharmacy will not accept third party manufacturers’ coupons with another retailer’s logo
•Coupons cannot be exchanged for cash or gift cards.
•Third Party Manufacturer coupons are issued by a third party and sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price.
•CVS/pharmacy does not accept coupons for items not carried in our stores.
•CVS/pharmacy only accepts ExtraBucks Rewards applicable to the ExtraCare card offered at time of purchase.
•CVS/pharmacy does not currently accept coupon bar code images displayed on a Smartphone, iPhone, Droid etc.
•The total value of the coupons may not exceed the value of the transaction. Sales tax must be paid, if required by state law.
•Certain CVS/pharmacy coupons may be subject to state sales tax rules similar to Third Party Manufacturer Coupons and sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price
•Language at the bottom of CVS/pharmacy coupons provides specific coupon acceptance rules.
•Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines may be accepted at the discretion of CVS management.
•CVS/pharmacy will accept manufacturer coupons for an item that is on sale.
•CVS/pharmacy will not accept percent off coupons for an item that is on sale.
•In the event that any item’s price is less than the value of the coupon, CVS/pharmacy will only accept the coupon only to the price of the item. CVS/pharmacy does not provide cash back in exchange for any coupons.
•CVS/pharmacy accepts one manufacturer coupon and applicable CVS/pharmacy coupon(s) per item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer.
•There is no limit to the number of ExtraBucks Rewards that may be used in a transaction as long as it does not exceed the transaction total.
•The number of manufacturer coupons used in a transaction may not exceed the number of items in the transaction.
•The coupon amount will be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. (For example, a $5.00 coupon for a $4.99 item will result in a $4.99 coupon value).
•CVS/pharmacy accepts multiple identical coupons for multiple qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other
customers, unless a limit is specified. Management reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased.
•CVS/pharmacy reserves the right to process coupons in any order.
•CVS/pharmacy accepts multiple Dollar off Transaction coupons (e.g. $3 off $15) in one transaction if they apply
Ex. Customer may use two 3 off $15 coupons if they are purchasing over $30.00
Buy One, Get One Free Coupons
•Sales tax must be paid for any Buy One, Get One Free coupon offer, if required by applicable state laws.
•Two coupons may be used on a Buy One, Get One Free promotion as long as it does not exceed the item total
Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 Buy One, Get One Free and the customer is purchasing two shampoos;
customer may use two coupons for $1.00 each and pay the applicable tax.
•Buy One, Get One Free promotions may be combined with Buy One, Get One Free Coupons. Customers are responsible for paying
Ex. Suave Shampoo is on sale for $2.00 BOGO and customer has a MFG coupon for Suave BOGO. Customer will
receive both items for free but will need to pay any applicable tax.Internet/Print at Home Coupons
•CVS/pharmacy accepts internet/print at home coupons that include a barcode.
•CVS/pharmacy will not accept reproductions or rebates
To print the official CVS Coupon Policy go HERE.